Affiliation and Approval
- Permanently Affiliated to the University of Mumbai,
- Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
- Recognized by the Government of Maharashtra & DTE, Maharashtra.
Accredited in 2008 and re-accredited in 2013
The Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra, has awarded the institute an ‘A’ grade.
Master of Management Studies (MMS) is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) w.e.f. 4th January, 2013.
Report of Chairman of Visiting Team for Accreditation of Management Programme
The proposal of Mahatma Education Society’s Pillai Institute of Management Studies and Research, Dr. K. M. Vasudevan Pillai’s Campus, Sector-16, New Panvel – 410 206 (Maharashtra) for accreditation of its MMS programme has been processed in National Board Accreditation (NBA).
In order to evaluate the programme, NBA constituted an expert committee under the chairmanship of Prof. Sugan Chand Jain and Prof. Sushil Kumar Sharma and Prof. K. M. Upadhaya as the member of the team. After visiting the institute and verifying physical infrastructure and other facilities available and after meeting with chairman or secretary, members of governing board, director, faculty members, non teaching and administrative staff, students, parents and aluminai etc. the committee made following observations on the strength and weakness of the institution. The observations are as under:
- The institute has been granted accreditation of its PG programme by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi for three years vide their letter No. NBA/ACCR-1037/08 dated July, 19, 2008.
- The founding group has a sound academic background in the relevant field. The group has been running many educational institutions since a long time.
- The institute is affiliated with the Mumbai Technical Education (MTU) Mumbai. The institute has to follow all the rules and regulations of MTU including University at Mumbai.
- The faculty members are involved in the day today activities of the institution.
- The physical infrastructure in the form of building, classrooms, computer labs, library, equipments etc. are adequate.
- The institute has developed adequate hostel facilities (both for boys and girls separately), medical facilities, canteen, sports, staff quarters and other supporting facilities.
- Adequate faculty members have been appointed as per AICTE norms. There is no discrimination on the basis of sex composition in appointments. The management has appointed more faculty in comparison to the requirement. The faculty members are having qualifications such as B.E., B.Tech., M.Phil. etc.
- The research work of some faculties is under progress and they will be submitting their Ph.D. thesis very soon. The management of the institute is supporting them for their academic growth.
- The faculty members are attending various seminars and conferences regularly from time to time. The institute also supports them and provides them financial help.
- The faculty of the institute is involved in their academic growth and doing research work (other than the Ph.D.) and a good number of their papers has been published in the different Journals (which have the ISSN number).
- The faculty has been given benefit of Sixth Pay Commission by the institute. The non-teaching staff has also been given the benefit of Sixth Pay Commission.
- The salary of all the employees are transferred in their respective ‘Bank Accounts’.
- Students composition is fairly balanced in terms of regional and rational distribution.
- The institute has to follow the course circular of Mumbai Technical Education (MTU), Mumbai.
- The institute has developed an excellent computer facilities with proper and well maintained computer lab.
- The institute has ‘Licensed Softwares’ and good ‘Internet’ connectivity.
- The institute has good library facilities and library resources in terms of large number of different books and journals etc.
- A good number of students got recruitment through placement cell.
- The institute is following all the rules and regulations regarding service rules including leave, grade, promotions, etc.
- There is a formal procedure of preparing which has place of every items including research and development, Student activities etc.
- Students are given field work in terms of their assignment. In the first year students have to go to the companies and undertake live assignments given by the company. In the second year, students undertake specific problems of the industries, where they are also visiting companies to solve their problems.
Apart from this, institute also motivates the students for conducting live projects from the different corporate exposure. Students are undergoing summer internship programme for 8 weeks in the particular company. Students are supposed to submit feedback from their corporate project co-ordinater to the institute after successful completion of their projects. Students are also supposed to present their report to the internal jury, guide and expert invited from the different fields in the subject of Security Analysis and Portfolio Management.
They are given projects on the basis of their expertise. They are also given marks on their submission of projects as per their continuous evaluation components.
- The research facilities in terms of budgeting support, sponsored project, fellowships assistance etc. are adequate.
- Admissions are fairly done through Mumbai Technical University’s list allotted to them.
- The institute also has a good support from alumni. The institute alumni has been registered.
- The institute is publishing their own journal.
- The faulty should take more Consultancy activities
- More industrial exposure is required for the students and faculty members.