Dr. R. Chandran, Director
Ph.D. in International Business
Key Personality Traits
An effective motivator, a good team leader, a student-centric teacher, a constant knowledge acquirer and harmonious performer
From The Principal’s Desk
- Started Academic career in 1983 at Somaiya Institute of Management Studies as Sr faculty. Academic and Industrial experience: 39 years
- Director of PIMSR from 2002-2011
- 10 years experience: Vice President, Sr. Vice President & MD of International Trading companies.
- Have been closely associated with Ahmedabad Management Association, World Trade Centre, Indo African Chamber of Commerce, Federation of Indian Exports Organisation: Resource Person
- Was a consultant with ECGC
Authored 4 books in International Business
Prof Anish Pillai is an alumni from the 2004-06 batch of the management (finance) college. He also has completed his M.Com in Finance from University of Mumbai.
His core competency could be expressed, – as a mentor, people manager, trainer and a management consultant. By his interactive and participative approach, he is able to bring to connect with the audience and drive them towards better results.
A passionate philanthropist, with keen interest in education, girl child development, creating independent environments and championing diversity is what he does in his spare time.
A professional with over 16+ years of corporate experience in the financial services sector and has held various leadership role. He has been associated with State Street, Axa Business services and Black Rock. He has also 9 years of part time post graduate teaching experience in various subjects of finance like SAPM, Perspective Management and Accountancy etc.
Dr. Anjali Bhute
Dr. Anjali Bhute is an Assistant Professor in PiMSR who brings along with her 15 years of rich academic and research experience. She is a post graduate in Commerce, Management and Economics and holds a Ph.D in Management (Finance) from Nagpur University. She has also qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC in the faculty of both Commerce and Management in her first attempt. She has been a university rank holder and is a gold medallist in MBA. She has been guiding students in finance specialization for courses like Securities Analysis and Portfolio Management, Derivatives Markets, Corporate Valuation, Venture Capital and Private Equity, Financial Management and Analysis of Financial Statements. In general management she has handled subjects like Financial Accounting, Managerial Economics, Business Statistics and Operations Research. She has presented and published many research papers in national and international journals and her area of interest includes statistical data analysis, financial analytics, financial modeling, financial analysis, empirical research etc She is coordinating the finance stream of MMS course for the last ten years and has been actively involved in organizing various co-curricular activities. As a lead, she has also successfully accomplished various social service initiatives undertaken by the institute.
Dr. Ashish Tripathi
An established, determined and veteran professional, Dr. Ashish Tripathi have contributed more than 16 years of successive experience in Teaching & Training, Mentoring, Guiding, Facilitating, Student Assessment & Development, Accounting, GST and Taxation.
Established in demonstrating academic competence in subject area(s), and displaying an inclination for developing integrated and interdisciplinary work. He hold proven record in effectively leading, supervising, mentoring, & evaluating personnel and taking training/skills enhancement initiatives to ensure effective transfer of knowledge/skills. He played stellar roles in delivering classroom presentations and lectures, generated detailed written lesson plans & student evaluations, established and maintained professional relationships.
Moreover, while on-the-job experience has afforded him a well-rounded skill set, including first-rate motivational and leadership skills, he excels in nurturing interdisciplinary learning, teaching, and instruction according to national curriculum standards. A responsible professional, he have a sense of ownership and that makes him endeavour relentlessly to achieve excellence for his function.
He is adept in designing positive approaches & proactive interventions advancing learner engagement, academic achievement, cognitive development, social, behavioral and communication improvements. His outgoing and friendly nature allows him to interact well with other staff members at all levels.
He is adroit in being informed of current practices & techniques relating to college programs by attending meetings and conferences, and reading professional materials to meet the needs. He enjoys having the freedom to take charge of all aspects in developing and maintaining effective educational programs within the institution; creating an atmosphere conducive to learning whilst ensuring the required curriculum is practiced.
The contemporary workplace makes it inevitable for a professional to work in interdisciplinary teams with projects that involve skills and tasks that are multi-disciplinary.
Mr. Balashankar Ramdas holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Plant) degree from the University of Mumbai, a Masters in Administration Management from the University of Mumbai and also a MBA in International Business from Alagappa University.
At present he works as Assistant Professor and as a course coordinator for the MBA (Executive) program.
His main areas of interest are Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Marketing & HRM.
He has 29 years of work experience out of which 16 years is in Chemical Industries and 13 years in Academics.
Dr. Betty Sibil
Betty Sibil is an Associate Professor at Pillai Institute of Management Studies and Research (PiMSR). She holds a Ph.D. in Business Policy and Administration from the esteemed University of Mumbai. She has acquired her Master’s degree in Management Studies and her Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, both from The University of Mumbai.
She joined PiMSR in 2006 and since then has been involved in teaching, research and other committee driven initiatives at the institute. She teaches courses like Training & Development, Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior to students pursuing the Master’s Degree in Management. She also co-teaches the Management module for the PILLAI/FIFA/CIES Executive Programme in Sports Management. She is also involved in guiding and mentoring students pursuing the program. She is a member of committees like IQAC, AQAC, Research and Monitoring Committee, and the Institution Innovation Council (IIC).
Her research interests include issues relating to leadership in the business context and human resource interventions that focus on developmental aspects of employees. She has numerous research papers to her credit and has also co-authored two book chapters in the renowned IGI Global.
- “Critical Issues on Changing Dynamics in Employee relations and Workforce Diversity” https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/strategies-for-harnessing-the-changing-nature-of-human-resources-with-a-special-focus-on-diversity/269351
- “Handbook of Research on Innate Leadership Characteristics and Examinations of Successful First-Time Leaders” https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/successful-first-time-political-leaders-and-their-response-to-covid-19/271336
Betty Sibil has been the recipient of the Outstanding Research Contribution Award (ORCA) from the Department of Commerce, University of Mumbai in 2016 for her contribution to research in Commerce and Management. She has also received the “Best Research Paper” award for publishing quality research papers at conferences.
She is part of a two-member team that conducts ‘Team Building’ workshops for corporates as a part of the institute’s MDP activities.
Betty Sibil is a Member of the “International Women’s Federation of Commerce and Industry” (IWFCI – India National Chapter), an organization committed to support the entrepreneurial growth of women.
She is a member of Higher Education Forum (HEF), an advocacy group of individuals, concerned with issues and challenges in higher education in India. She is also a Member (Subject Expert) of the Board of Studies in Management of Pillai College of Arts, Commerce and Science (Autonomous), Panvel.
She is the Membership Officer forSoroptimist International Bombay Chembur (SIBC), an organization dedicated to the empowerment of girls and women from marginalized communities.
As a member of SIBC and the Social Service Committee at the institute, she has been involved with Project SNEHA. Through this project she has had the opportunity to conduct Personality Development workshops for students pursuing the nurse-aide program with Society for Nutrition, Education and Health Action (SNEHA).
Dr. C. K. Sreedharan
Dr. C K Sreedharan is a mechanical engineer from Delhi College of Engineering (presently Delhi Technological University). He holds a Diploma in Training & Development, from ISTD, New Delhi, MBA in International Business and MBA in Banking & Finance. He is also a PhD in Management.
Currently, he works as Assistant Professor and he teaches International Business, Operation Analytics, Project Management, TQM, CSR, Training & Development, Operation Research, Six Sigma and other general management subjects. In addition to teaching, he is also involved in project guidance, mentoring and other student support activities.
He is a Certified Lead Assessor in ISO: 9001-2015, ISO: 14001-2015 and OHSAS: 18001. He is a Certified Energy Manager / Energy Auditor of Bureau of Energy Efficiency, New Delhi and a Chartered Engineer, Institution of Engineers. He is also a Black-Belt in Six Sigma.
He is a prolific writer. He has written two text books on International Business for post graduate management level. He has also written two self-help books on cancer and three fictions. All his books are available online on Amazon and also through www.sreedharanck.com. He has presented several research papers in national and international seminars and has also published several research papers in reputed research journals.
He was a Group Leader of NSS while studying engineering and had taken part in flood relief service for about 10 days. Presently, he is an active cancer counsellor and counsels patients and their caregivers across the globe. He also visits terminally ill cancer patients and spends time with them.
He has more than 28 years of industrial experience across various sectors and more than 14 years of academic experience. Earlier, he worked as Deputy Director at Bureau of Indian Standards, Mumbai, as General Manager (Works), Expo Gas Containers Ltd, Murbad and as a Principal Consultant in one of the leading engineering consultancy firms.
Dr. Celina Joy
Celina Joy has a Ph.D in Business Policy and Administration from University of Mumbai and is a Chartered Accountant from “The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India”. She has degrees in MBA and M.Com. from Bharathiar University and University of Mumbai respectively and a Certificate of Directorship from the Institute of Directors, India.
She has sixteen years of industry experience with the Oberoi Group of Hotels, one of the dominant companies in the hospitality sector, leading teams in Finance and Operations in Mumbai, Kolkata and Udaipur. As Professor at the “Pillai Institute of Management Studies and Research” (PiMSR) for the last twelve years, she is involved with teaching, research, entrepreneurship and social service activities.
- Celina Joy is the Academic Co-ordinator of the PILLAI/FIFA/CIES Executive Programme in Sports Management, a joint collaboration with “Fédération Internationale de Football Association” (FIFA) and “The International Centre for Sports Studies” (CIES) located in Switzerland. (https://www.cies.ch). PiMSR is a part of the FIFA/CIES University Network since 2018. She is the co-Professor of the Communication module of the programme.
- She teaches courses in Finance and Human Resources to students pursuing Master of Management Studies at PIMSR. She is a mentor and career guide support to students. She conducts Personality Development and Team Building workshops for corporates and educational institutions.
- She is a Member (Subject Expert) of the Board of Studies in Commerce of “Pillai College of Arts, Commerce and Science” (Autonomous), Panvel.
- Celina Joy has received the Outstanding Research Contribution Award (ORCA) from the Department of Commerce, University of Mumbai in 2016 for her contribution to research in Commerce and Management
- She has presented and published research papers at the national and international level. One of the research papers co-authored by her titled “Women’s Education in India – The Power of a Second Chance” was published in the journal “People: International Journal of Social Sciences”in 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.20319/pijss.2017.32.195205
- She is the Editor of the book ‘Neovision – Covid-19 and The New Normal’ (ISBN: 978-93-89985-02-3) published by IWFCI – India National Chapter in May 2021.
- She has co-authored book chapters in the following books published by IGI Global:
1. “Critical Issues on Changing Dynamics in Employee relations and Workforce Diversity” https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/strategies-for-harnessing-the-changing-nature-of-human-resources-with-a-special-focus-on-diversity/269351
2. “Handbook of Research on Innate Leadership Characteristics and Examinations of Successful First-Time Leaders” https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/successful-first-time-political-leaders-and-their-response-to-covid-19/271336
- She was the Chairperson of Mahatma Education Society’s Research Forum from 2014 to 2019 and continues as Committee member to date.
Celina Joy is the Co-ordinator of the “Pillai Centre of Innovation and Entrepreneurship” and was involved in setting it up in 2015. She mentors and guides students interested in pursuing their own businesses at every stage, from ideation to incubation.
She is a Director of the “International Women’s Federation of Commerce and Industry” (IWFCI – India National Chapter https://iwfci-india.com), an organisation committed to the growth and development of entrepreneurship among women and affiliated to the global organisation IWFCI, headquartered in Australia.
She is a Memberof the “Institution Innovation Council” (IIC) at Pillai College of Engineering (PCE), Panvel. IIC is an initiative under the Government of India – Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell.
Celina Joy is an Executive Committee member of “Soroptimist Welfare Association” (SWA) (https://sibombaychembur.com), an organisation dedicated to improve the lives of marginalised women and girls through its goals of “Enable-Educate-Empower”. SWA is affiliated to Soroptimist International, an international women’s organisation that has General Consultative Status with ECOSOC, United Nations.
She leads the Community Service initiatives of Mahatma Education Society and is a committee member of the team organising the Campus festival, Alegria – The Festival of Joy at the Pillai Panvel Campus.
Committee Affiliations at PiMSR:
- Chairperson of the “Research Monitoring Committee”
- Member of the “Institution Innovation Council” (IIC)
- Member of the “Social Service Committee”
Dr. K.G.S. Mani
Ph.D., M.Com, M.Com (Banking), MBA (Finance), MBM (Bank Mgmt), MIM (Investment Mgmt), PG DFM, PGDMA, CAIIB, DBM, DFS, DCMB, DMFM, DTRIM, DCL, DBL, CFT (NIBM).
Currently Working as Asst. Professor (Finance), at PIMSR for 6 years
Worked in State Bank of India in Senior Management Position for 28 years and Foreign Bank as Senior Vice President, Head of Department (Risk Management) for 8 years.
M.Com., PGDBM (Finance)
Currently on a sabbatical from corporate life, she is engaged in academic teaching for post graduation students. She has been associated with Pillai Institute of Management Studies and Research since June 2018, teaching general management and Finance specialization subjects like Managerial Economics, Business Communication, Business Environment, Taxation, Investment Banking and Commercial Banking. She has two research papers to her credit which have been published in UGC listed journals.
A finance professional having 8+ years experience in the financial service industry. She has worked in different roles in the financial services domain with companies like CRISIL, Deloitte India Private Limited and BlackRock.
Dr. Nivedita Shreyans
- B.A. (English Literature), PGDBM in Journalism & Mass Communication
- Ph.D (Brand Management – Challenges & Opportunities) University of Mumbai
- St Mary’s School of Business Economics, USA, May, 2004, International Business
- St Mary’s School of Business Economics, USA, Feb 2005, Administration Policy
- St Mary’s School of Business Economics, USA, Feb 2006, Business Policy
- Heartfulness Educational Trust, Hyderabad, April 2014, Wellness & Meditation Certified Trainer
23 years in the field of Academics, Marketing, Administration, Public Relations & Event Management with Mahatma Education Society
- Product & Brand Management Strategies
- Wellness & Stress Management
- Faculty Advisor for “TAPAS” Meditation Club
- Book Publications: Book Published Top Celebrity Brands of India
- Book chapter publications (by reputed publishers): Common Wealth Publisher New Delhi
- Senior Editor of Annual Report of Heartfulness Activity Brochure for Mahatma Education Society & Worldwide
Research Papers and Research Volume are Published
- Ms. Nivedita Shreyans Sable, “Strategic Management in Global Scenario: Paper published on “The Social Environment and Social Responsibility of Business in Global Scenario Challenges and Opportunities” Published by Commonwealth Publisher, New Delhi, 2013, PP.25 to 29, ISBN No. 978-81-311-0453-8.
- Ms. Nivedita Shreyans Sable, “A Study on Internal Brand management By Leading Banks in Navi Mumbai Area”: Paper was presented at the International Journal of Arts and Science Conference for academic discipline at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts on May 2014. Research Id No. H4V1087.
- Ms. Nivedita Shreyans Sable, “ Re-Inventing Trade and Commerce in Global Scenario” Paper published on “ Foreign Direct Investment in Global Scenario” Published by Commonwealth Publisher, New Delhi, 2014, PP. 189 to 197 ISBN No. 978-81-311-0516-0.
- Ms. Nivedita Shreyans Sable, Re-Inventing Management in Global Scenario” Paper published on “ Re-Inventing Brand Management Strategies” Published by Commonwealth Publisher, New Delhi, 2014, PP. 293 to 299, ISBN No. 978-81-311-0517-7.
- Ms. Nivedita Shreyans Sable, Paper Presented on “ A Study on Internal Brand Management by leading banks in Navi Mumbai Area” at the International Commerce and Management Conference, on Innovations and In-roads in Commerce, Management and Technology in the Global Arena; Challenges Ahead” on Thursday 6th and Friday 7th February, 2014, University of Mumbai.
- Assistant Editor on Board of CMR Group of Institutions, Sumedha Journal of Management. ISSN (PRINT): 2277-6753, ISSN (ONLINE): 23220449
- Director Public Relations & Corporate Communications of Mahatma Education Society, Pillai Group of Institutions
- Member – Board of Governance of Mahatma Education Society
- Head – Wellness Department of Mahatma Education Society
- Coordinator for the Management Development Programs, PIMSR
Prof. Priyanka Chatta has completed DCA, BBA and MBA (Marketing and finance). She is working as Asst. Professor. She is one of the coordinators for MMS first year students and MMS second year students of marketing specialization. She is an active member of the Student’s Event Committee and College Development Committee. She has worked with Deutsche Bank as “Acquisition manager” for one year. She has 14 years of work experience. She stood second in the university exams in her graduation and has received an outstanding research paper award from University of Mumbai.
Her areas of interest are Marketing, Business research and Economics. She has published five research papers in national journals and a chapter in a book on “Strategies adopted during COVID- 19”.
Dr. Shaheda Sheikh
Dr. Shaheda Sheikh is an Assistant Professor at Pillai Institute of Management Studies and Research (PiMSR). She holds a PhD in Commerce (Business Policy and Administration) from the esteemed University of Mumbai. She has acquired her Master’s degree in E-Commerce from Sardar Patel University and Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (B.Com.) specialized in Business Administration and Business Entrepreneurship from the University of Pune. She has 14 yrs of academic experience and 5 years of corporate experience. She has worked with undergraduate and postgraduate colleges. Her corporate experience is with Infosoft solutions Pvt. Ltd. as an HR Recruiter and Wipro Spectramind Pvt Ltd as IT consultant. She is a member of committees like CDAC, IQAC, AQAC, SCAC and President of Institution Innovation Council (IIC).
She has published and presented more than 25 research papers at National and international conferences. She has also attended faculty development programmes. Her areas of interest are Mentoring, leadership and entrepreneurship.
Dr. Vivekananda A. Pawar
Dr. Vivekanand Ankush Pawar is an approved Associate Professor of the University of Mumbai and presently working as Controller of Examination in MES’s Pillai Institute of Management Studies and Research (PiMSR), New Panvel since 2009. He is approved PG Teacher of University of Mumbai for the Degree of M.M.S. in the subject of Management Studies. He holds a Ph.D. in Management from the esteemed SVKM’s NMIMS University, Mumbai. He has acquired his Master’s degree in Masters of Administrative Management (M.A.M.) from NMIMS institute under the University of Mumbai and Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (B.A.) specialized into Economics and Psychology from the University of Bombay. He has also done his LME from the prestigious VJTI in Mechanical Engineering. He has taken Certified Training in SPSS and AMOS from NITIE, Powai which enabled him to teach the subject like Research Methodology, Marketing Research, Operations Research and Quantitative Techniques in HRM. He has 16 years of academic experience and 14 years of corporate experience. His corporate experience is with the companies like, Larson & Toubro Limited, Gabriel (India) Limited, Kamani Tubes Limited, Century Textiles and Industries Limited and KAYCEE Industries Limited. He has published 11 research papers, 2 case studies and 2 book reviews in National and International journals. He has presented many research papers in national and international conferences. He has also attended number of faculty development programmes, workshops and seminars. His areas of interest are Research Guiding, Mentoring, Leadership and Entrepreneurship.